A warning has been issued to keep minors away from e-cigarettes after a nine-year-old girl from Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada drank e-liquid she found in her school’s playground.
The e-liquid, which was labeled as ‘Unicorn Milk, was tasted by the girl and a few of her friends and was contained inside packaging decorated with a brightly colored unicorn.
The mother of the girl, Lea L’Hoir, said that her daughter started complaining about nausea, chest cramps, and dizziness shortly after tasting the e-liquid.
Shortly after, she took her daughter to the hospital, where she was diagnosed with nicotine poisoning and released later that night.
Although there was a small poison symbol on the side of the container, L’Hoir stressed that the packaging should have been clearer.
Anthony Knight, CEO of the New Brunswick Medical Society, said it’s troubling that e-vaping products might be designed and marketed to appeal to young people.
“That speaks to a need for tougher regulation and tougher oversight around how these products are marketed and that oversight rests with the government,” he said.
At Iloveecigs.com, we are proud to sell Logic products which are packaged for marketing to adults and contain a vitally important three-step unlocking system, to prevent child access to e-cig liquids.
Do you believe there is a need for greater packaging regulation within the vaping industryShare your thoughts with us below.